Saturday, May 24, 2008

We arrived in Addis only 10 hours ago and I am already falling in love with Ethiopia and its people. We have witnessed two ceremonial weddings and it is amazing to be face to face with our cultural differences. I love the assembly at the wedding singing and clapping to the beat of  the drum. I am humbled that a people who seem to have to so little seem to have so much joy.  This has challenged my faith today. I wonder if when they look back at me if they see joy. By joy I mean a happiness from deep within. I pray that Christ would resound from my heart and my mouth. We also witnessed a little more at the pool than we bargained for!! 
I met Roxanna today, a friend from the web board. I knew I liked her and now I know I love her. Her entire family is beautiful and sweet. Roxanna has the sweetest spirit. I did not meet her two youngest children as they were asleep, but the four I met were magnificent. They are polite, funny and my favorite, modest. Oh, how I love the passion for modesty Roxanna and her daughters share with me and Kylie. I am one thankful mom for the respect Kylie has for herself and her body. Kylie has truly been a joy and I am so glad we brought her with us. She is already in love with the children here and I am excited to see what the Lord will do with that love.
I cannot tell you how hard it was to be in the same city with our children and not have met them yet. We are meeting them tomorrow. I have slept  a total of 5 hours the past 3 days and I cannot even think about sleeping tonight knowing they will be in my arms tomorrow. I am speechless at the thought. I have so many more thoughts to write, but alas I am at the internet cafe( just for you Joy P.). Please pray for us and our children as we begin the rest of our lives together as a family tomorrow. For tomorrow, we meet face to face.