Tuesday, May 6, 2008

WAIT UPON THE LORD

Each of us have our own feelings of nervousness, excitement, joy, anticipation and even fear as we await the homecoming of Dawit and Bereket. I'm not sure words can even express all the emotions we are feeling around our home these days. We have been in this process for so long, it almost doesn't seem real that they are finally coming home.

I think may all be the busyness of the "getting ready". We have so much to do and as soon as you think you're finished, you only find more to do. We appreciate all of your prayers as this will be a touch time of adjustment for everyone involved. We are trusting God because we know this is His plan for us. Even if our children desired to be adopted this is still an unknown to them and also one more transition.

We have spent the last 17 months preparing our kids and trying to consider every scenario we best as we can. We are fully leaning on the Lord to fill in the gaps. We have felt the strength of the Lord and His leadership of our steps as we have walked this journey to our children. We are so thankful for God and His grace.

Through my struggling during this process, the Lord has reminded me to trust Him and Him alone and trust in His timing. I have to admit this has not been easy. We still don't have a confirmed embassy appointment. This makes booking tickets nearly impossible. We were told May is almost completely booked for travel to Ethiopia since it is the last month before ticket prices rise. We will trust you anyway, Lord. I know the Lord has been growing me during this process as I have felt the pain of each growth spurt. He has been challenging me and keeping me in His will and not my own.

I have often read and reread the following verse In Isaiah 40.

Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

Here's a video to remember to wait on the Lord...