Saturday, May 10, 2008

STILL WAITING

We were told our agency would have our children's birth certificates on Friday, well...let's just say we're still waiting for them. Now they have been promised for Monday. I have to admit the waiting for me just came to a head on Friday and I felt a moment of discouragement that I hadn't felt before. It is so hard to be so close to meeting your children for the very first time and bringing them home forever, for it to just be pushed out of your grasp a little further. I know and trust in the Sovereignty of the Lord, but Friday my heart struggled. Soon after my repentance of wavering, the Lord granted me peace once again. Thank you, Father that You are merciful to me, though by Your grace alone I am saved, I am still a sinner. I wouldn't want to be who I was before this process began, but it is ever before me how far the Lord still need to bring me. I am His and He will refine me. Refining has to hurt so we won't want to be who we were before. So, why are we always fighting going back there, because the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
I am weak, Lord and desperately thankful for your grace. Praying Monday the Lord will provide our birth certificates and get an embassy date for the 27th of May still. With God, all things all possible.