Monday, May 5, 2008

TRAVEL

I cannot wait to be on our way to Addis Ababa to meet our children for the very first time and bring them home forever. Just the thought of this overwhelms my heart with joy. I wonder what they will think and if they will even understand. Our daughter, Bereket, doesn't speak Amharic, which is the primary language in Addis Ababa. She is from a region known as Kembatta. Dawit is actually from the same region, but has been immursed in Amharic for the past 17 months. I am trusting the Lord to prepare their hearts and speak to them...the Lord knows all languages. The only language I know to show them is LOVE. I am sure they will recognize this language even though it has been a long time since a parent has loved them due to death and being placed in the orphanage. I am thankful the Ethiopian people care for one another and am sure our children have been loved in our absence. Several families traveling before us have met our children and loved them for us. They have told them of our great love for them and assured them we are coming soon to bring them home, of course through an interpreter. Everyone says Dawit is all smiles and seems very excited at the opportunity to have another family. This is so sweet to my heart. He lost his parents to death so young. They say Bereket is sooooo shy. I'm sure she'll come out of that with this bunch. Again, I am anxious to go and trying to remain patient for the Lord's perfect timing. This is the hard part....more waiting.