Tuesday, April 1, 2008

POSTPONED AGAIN!!

I just got home and there was another email from our case manager postponing our court date until April 8th. No real good reason why...but just that it was postponed. I wish they would have heard one child's case instead of postponing both. On March 18th they postponed until today because of B, today it is postponed because of D. I'm thinking today may have something to do with Gelgela, which is the orphanage our son is from. I've heard they are notorious for not having their paperwork ready for court on time.
Oh well, we'll just continue to pray and trust. The Lord has stretched me much during this process and I guess the refining is not over. I so want to be found faithful and pleasing in the sight of the Lord. Thanks for your prayers.


A friend gave me this today. Thanks Theresa M. It is a quote from Jerry Bridges book, Is God Really in Control? a chapter on "The Wisdom of God".

Quote:
He knows infallibly with infinite wisdom what combination of good and bad circumstances will bring us more and more into sharing His holiness. He never puts too much of the salt of adversity into the recipe of our lives. His blending of adversity and blessing is always exactly right for us.

God is infinitely wise and faithful. I know His plan is perfect even when I don't understand. I am reminded often by the Lord it is about His plan, not my own. All things will happen in accordance to His will, not mine. I'm choosing to trust with the strength of Christ. I am thankful as I look back over all the adversity of this trial through this process and can honestly say I am closer to the Lord for it. Thank you, Jesus. Again, You will sustain us and keep us.