Monday, January 7, 2008

I REST IN THEE, LORD

This morning our case worker called to tell us we have lost the referral on our son. We just went through this a month ago. It is so hard, but we must continue to rest and trust in our Savior. I have no idea who the Lord has chosen for us to bring home, but I do know our desire is to be obedient and following His voice. Our hearts are heavy and humbled this morning, but both are a good thing. So this is my prayer and praise to my God this morning.
O Sovereign Lord, Most High God, My Heavenly Father,
To you and you alone do I cry out to this morning.Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass? When the Lord has not commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that woe and well-being proceed? Father, cause Your daughter to trust and rest in You and none other right now. For You alone are all I need. Great are Your ways, O Lord and wonderful are Your works. Nothing I can fathom can ever compare to Your greatness and the power of Your Word. Father, that I would always be thankful- recognizing and rejoices in Your goodness toward me. Who will show me any good? Lord, life up the light of Your countenance upon me and my family today. you have put gladness in my heart and unto You I will sing praise. For you will not cast off forever, though You cause grief. You will show compassion according to the multitude of Your mercies. Let the righteous be glad. Let the righteous rejoice before the Lord God. Yes, Lord let us rejoice exceedingly over Your work. You are the God of my Salvation and may I find rest and peace in the shadow of Your wings. Let me mindful that Your ways and thoughts are higher than mine. For the Lord Most High is awesome and greatly to be praised. He is a great King over all the earth. Whoever offers praise glorifies You, O Lord and to him who shows his conduct aright, You will show salvation. Father, that You would find my soul pleasing to You today. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth and He is extolled with my tongue. He will attend to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be our Great God, Who has not turned His mercy or His ear from me. For Your lovingkindness is better than life. My lips will praise You.

In Jesus Name,
Amen